Former health minister accuses French government of ignoring its warnings about Covid-19

Date:

Former health minister accuses French government of ignoring its warnings about Covid-19

Agnès Buzyn, accused of her alleged mismanagement of the health crisis, assures she has warned the executive in vain since the start of the pandemic

Former French Health Minister Agnès Buzyn assures that since the start of the pandemic she has unsuccessfully warned the President, Emmanuel Macron, and the then Prime Minister, Édouard Philippe, of the potential health hazard that could be caused by the Covid-19 , but that they ignored their multiple warnings.

Buzyn, who served as Minister of Health between May 2017 and February 2020, is the only political leader so far charged by the Court of Justice of the Republic (CJR) with “endangering the lives of others” over her alleged mismanagement of the health crisis. “We are the only country in the world that has sued ministers for their management of a global pandemic,” laments Buzyn, who collected his warnings to the executive in a newspaper and presented his file to the court as evidence.

Buzyn, a doctor by profession specializing in hematology, claims he first warned Macron and Philippe about what was happening in China on January 11, 2020. Despite her insistence, she did not get the president to receive her at the Elysée Palace. On February 8, she finally managed to speak to him on the phone. “I had the impression that I was not being heard,” Buzyn explains in an interview in the newspaper ‘Le Monde’, after two years of media silence. “I had the impression that I had a sleeping army in front of me and I couldn’t wake them up,” said the former minister.

In February 2020, Buzyn was forced to leave the Ministry of Health to run for mayor of Paris, replacing Benjamin Griveaux. Macron’s official candidate resigned after a sexual video of him came to light.

“They passed me off as an idiot who hadn’t seen anything, when the opposite was the case. Not only had I seen it, but I noticed it. I was by far the most alert, but no one cared. People told me that this virus was a bit of a flu and that I was losing my nerves,” recalls the former minister, who assures that she advised not to hold the municipal elections in March 2020, but that the government ignored her and the held elections.

Unlike Buzyn, Philippe, who was prime minister between May 2017 and July 2020, has not been charged by the CJR. The judges have granted Philippe, who is now mayor of Le Havre, the status of “assisted witness”. They don’t formally charge him with a crime because they haven’t found enough evidence against him, but they leave the door open for another charge if they get it. Macron will not be tried by the Court of Justice of the Republic for managing the pandemic, as the president enjoys immunity for the entire duration of his mandate.

Source: La Verdad

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related