“Not our missile” – Zelenskyj does not trust NATO’s findings

Date:

NATO, Poland and the United States now assume that the debris that hit the Polish border town of Przewodow on Tuesday most likely came from a Ukrainian anti-aircraft missile. The relief in the military alliance was palpable on Wednesday: it was not a Russian attack and therefore not an alliance. But the Ukrainian president still sticks to his version and demands access to the site of the impact.

“I have no doubt that this is not our missile. There is no point in me not believing them (the Ukrainian army),” Zelenskyi said Wednesday evening. He now wants facts “or any evidence from the partners”. Zelenskyy called for the involvement of Ukrainian specialists in the investigation to clarify the incident. “All our information is fully available. We gave them to our partners since the night, since the early hours, when the world started to find out what had happened,” Zelenskyy said in his daily video address on Wednesday night. At the same time, Ukrainian experts need access to the information collected on the ground, he explained.

In fact, access will likely be granted soon. “There is a Polish-American investigation team on site,” said Jakub Kumoch, foreign policy adviser to the Polish president, on private TVN 24. “The Ukrainians have requested access to the investigation site. If both sides agree – and as far as I know there are no objections from the US side – that access could be granted soon.” lead the investigation.

Praise for Biden from Moscow
The Kremlin had stressed that Russia “has nothing to do” with the missile attack in Poland. Russian military experts have “clearly” identified fragments of a missile from Ukraine’s S-300 air defense system in images of debris at the impact site. S-300 missiles are used by both Ukraine and Russia. On Wednesday, the Russian foreign ministry summoned the Polish ambassador to the foreign ministry. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov welcomed the US government’s “reluctant” response. A few hours after the impact, President Joe Biden described it as “unlikely” that the exploded missile had been launched from Russian soil.

Biden repeated his experts’ findings on Thursday after returning from the G20 summit in Bali. He contradicted his Ukrainian counterpart: “That doesn’t match the information.” Two people were killed in the incident on Tuesday. The investigation has not yet been completed.

Source: Krone

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

Nighttime riots – Vienna: Police officers help woman – and are spat at

During a police operation on Sunday evening in Vienna-Meidling,...

In the premier class – storming Klagenfurt: this is how the super autumn works

While the football world is looking to Germany for...

Several cyclists injured – Wet roads have claimed four victims in Tyrol

In the Tyrolean Oberland, emergency services had to respond...