PSG fined 65 million euros for non-compliance with financial ‘fair play’

Date:

UEFA has sanctioned seven other clubs and is investigating Barca, Sevilla and Betis, among others, “because they benefited from historical results of positive balance”

UEFA fined Paris Saint-Germain on Friday of 65 million euros for violating financial ‘fair play’, although the club led by Nasser Al-Khelaifi now has to pay only 10 million, after the mediation agreement with this entity and with a further seven, who have pledged to pay a total of 172 million to the highest European body. PSG are the club that has been fined the most for failing to meet the balance demanded by UEFA, ahead of Roma (35 million), Inter (26), Juventus (23), Milan (15), Besiktas (four) and Olympique de Marseille and Monaco, both punished with two million.

The amounts will be deducted from the income the eight clubs derive from their participation in continental competitions or will be paid out directly, as announced by UEFA. 15% of the global sanctions (26 million) will be paid in full, while the remaining 85% (146 million) will depend on the fulfillment by these clubs of the objectives set out in the respective agreement.

The follow-up carried out by UEFA for non-compliance with Financial Fair Play covers the years 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. Under the three-year settlement agreement, the clubs commit to complying with the income standard in football during the 2025-26 season. They undertake to achieve interim annual targets and to take conditional financial and sporting measures if these targets are not met.

Another 19 clubs that took part in UEFA competitions last season are under investigation by the body chaired by Aleksander Ceferin, including Barça, Sevilla and Betis. UEFA estimates that the three Spanish clubs were “technically able to meet the balance sheet requirement thanks to the application of the COVID-19 emergency measures and/or because they benefited from historical positive balance sheet results.” UEFA reminds Barcelona, ​​Seville and Betis that “from the fiscal year 2023, these exceptional covid deductions will no longer be possible, nor will the consideration of historical financial results.”

“In addition, these clubs have been asked for additional financial information and will be closely monitored in the coming period,” added the continental body, also referring to the following entities: Manchester City, Chelsea, Leicester, West Ham, Borussia Dortmund, Wolfsburg, Union Berlin, Lazio, Naples, Fenerbahçe, Trabzonspor, Olympique de Lyon, Feyenoord, Rangers, Basel and Antwerp.

Source: La Verdad

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

“First milestone” – Mentally ill: the new penal system brings change

The reform of the implementation of measures can be...

Tragic balance of the DGT with 1,045 dead so far this year

In the month of November, 97 deaths were registered,...

Goya Awards 2023: where to see the nominated films

All streaming platforms where you can enjoy the candidates...