An unknown person is said to have injured two young men in succession with a knife on the Keplerplatz in Vienna-Favoriten on Thursday evening. An 18-year-old suffered cuts to his face. A 23-year-old, whose cell phone had just been stolen, also suffered cuts, police spokesman Philipp Hasslinger said. Professional rescue took both robbery victims to hospitals.
The 18-year-old was involved in a scuffle with several participants in front of the Keplerplatz metro station, and an unknown person is said to have cut him in the face with a knife. “The perpetrator managed to escape. Witnesses have informed the police and the professional rescue service in Vienna,” said the spokesman.
Moments later, it turned out that the 23-year-old had recently reported to a nearby police station as a victim of a robbery. A man injured him with a knife and took his cell phone. He already has his cell phone back: the robber lost it in a scuffle with the 18-year-old. “It can be returned to its rightful owner,” he said. The Vienna State Bureau of Criminal Investigation is conducting the investigation into the knife stab.
I am Ida Scott, a journalist and content author with a passion for uncovering the truth. I have been writing professionally for Today Times Live since 2020 and specialize in political news. My career began when I was just 17; I had already developed a knack for research and an eye for detail which made me stand out from my peers.