After the missile hit with two deaths, there is a state of emergency in Poland and increased alertness in NATO. Even though the results of the investigation so far seem to indicate that it was probably a Ukrainian anti-aircraft missile that crashed near the Ukrainian border in the village of Przevodow, fears that there is now a further escalation between Russia and the West are very high . .
Former Russian President Dmitri Medvedev explained via Twitter that the incident of the alleged rocket attack on a Polish farm proves only one thing: “The West is getting closer to a world war as it wages a hybrid war against Russia.” He is one of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s closest associates and is his deputy head of the National Security Council.
In this context, Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba spoke of another “Russian conspiracy theory” being spread. “No one should believe Russian propaganda,” Kuleba said.
Meanwhile, on Wednesday, evidence grew that the missile was an anti-aircraft missile from Ukraine. According to information from the German press agency, US President Joe Biden announced this during a meeting with other heads of state and government of NATO and G7 countries on the sidelines of the G20 summit in Bali. He would have spoken about a missile from the S-300 system. The system designed by the Soviet Union is an integral part of Ukrainian anti-aircraft defenses.
Macron warns against jumping to conclusions
France warned against jumping to conclusions about the impact. The Elysée Palace said on Wednesday that the question of who fired the projectile should be discussed with “extreme caution”. “Many countries have the same type of weapons, so identifying the type of missile does not necessarily say who is behind it.” The Elysée warned of “significant risks of escalation”. The Finnish foreign minister takes a similar position: it is very important that “we get the details of the incident Poland and act accordingly,” said Pekka Haavisto. “There are still multiple possibilities as to where the missile could have come from.”
Erdogan believes the Russians
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan is already certain that the missile was not fired by Russia: he believes that Russia has made a corresponding statement and that the government in Moscow is not involved. Russia’s statement that this has nothing to do with them and that by US President Joe Biden that this missile is not from Russia shows that this has nothing to do with Russia, Erdogan said in a press conference at the G20 summit
Chinameanwhile called for restraint. All sides should remain calm and exercise restraint under the current circumstances, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Mao Ning said at a scheduled press conference.
I am Wallace Jones, an experienced journalist. I specialize in writing for the world section of Today Times Live. With over a decade of experience, I have developed an eye for detail when it comes to reporting on local and global stories. My passion lies in uncovering the truth through my investigative skills and creating thought-provoking content that resonates with readers worldwide.