An Innviertler must have had a major blackout when a fire broke out in the apartment on New Year’s Day. The man fled the house, leaving his son and dog behind. Firefighters then rescued both from the completely smoke-filled apartment.
Until they arrived in front of the apartment complex on Kasernstraße in Ried im Innkreis, it seemed like a routine operation for the helpers of the volunteer fire brigade. On Sunday evening, a fire broke out in an apartment on the third floor, the flames started in the utility room. Police say the fire may have been started by a cigarette. The apartment owner (43) would initially have tried in vain to extinguish the flames. He then alerted the fire brigade.
Father was very excited
“When we arrived, the residents and neighbors were in front of the house, they could all get out unharmed,” says operations manager Florian Schmidbauer of the FF Ried. The homeowner was clearly very upset. He explained to the surprised firefighters that his young son and dog were still at home.
child hiding under the covers
A respiratory protection team immediately rushed upstairs and searched for the four-legged friend and the child. “The boy was hiding under a blanket in the nursery. The dog was also in the same room. We were able to rescue them both completely unharmed from the danger zone,” Schmidbauer explains.
Why the father had forgotten his son when he fled was still unclear on Monday. The elementary school student was especially lucky that the 43-year-old had closed the pantry door before leaving the apartment. As a result, the other rooms were not yet heavily smoked. Firefighters quickly extinguished the flames.
I am Wallace Jones, an experienced journalist. I specialize in writing for the world section of Today Times Live. With over a decade of experience, I have developed an eye for detail when it comes to reporting on local and global stories. My passion lies in uncovering the truth through my investigative skills and creating thought-provoking content that resonates with readers worldwide.