A denial announcer has to pay $1,000 million for spreading that the Sandy Hook massacre was an actor montage

Date:

Twenty children and six adults were killed in the 2012 massacre at a Connecticut school.

Conspiracy theorist radio station and promoter Alex Jones has been ordered to pay nearly $1,000 million to the families of the victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, in Newtown, Connecticut, and to an FBI agent for years of spreading on his station that the attack was a hoax, shot by actors hired by a plot to rob people of their weapons.

This court ruling is in response to a defamation lawsuit brought by some families of the 20 children and six adults murdered in this massacre on December 14, 2012, and by the police, who were among the first on the scene. used to be. A Texas jury had already awarded nearly $50 million in August to the parents of another of the murdered children.

Jones was not present in court during the reading of the verdict, but he did speak on his show. “All invented. Hilarious,” he said. “So this is what a show trial looks like. I mean, this has gotten completely out of hand on the left.” His lawyer, Norm Mattis, described the trial as unfair and said he would appeal. “Today is a very, very dark day for freedom of expression,” the lawyer added.

Robbie Parker, who lost his 6-year-old daughter Emilie, said outside the court that he was proud that “just getting the truth out” was finally possible. Parker had become a prime target of conspiracy theorists after his comments at a press conference the day after the shooting. The jury awarded him the largest compensation in the case: 120 million euros.

Most of the victims’ families said they had been threatened and harassed for years by people who believed in the lies spread on Jones’s show. They reported that strangers came to their homes to record them and that abusive comments were common on social networks.

Mark Barden said in his trial statement that conspiracy theorists urinated on the grave of his 7-year-old son, Daniel, and threatened to dig up the coffin. He and his wife received about 86 million euros.

Retired FBI agent William Aldenberg, who was awarded $90 million, described the horror he saw at the school when he joined other security forces on the scene, as well as his outrage at seeing the internet claim he was an actor.

Source: La Verdad

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

Exception for soldiers – Russia increases taxes after two years of war

After more than two years of war against Ukraine,...

Hotspots at a glance – Commuters in Graz are faced with times full of traffic jams

At two new construction sites in the center of...