Hedge in full fire – gas bottles in garden shed threatened to explode

Date:

The firefighters of Neusiedl am See in Burgenland were called to a hedge fire on Saturday evening. This operation was not without danger: explosion hazard!

The comrades reported that the fire was already visible from afar when they left after alarm for the Bühlgrund in Neusiedl am See. When they arrived at the site of the fire, they found a hedge completely engulfed in flames. A gazebo had already gone up in flames and surrounding buildings were in danger.

Neighbors had already tried to put out the fire with garden hoses, but to little effect. Wind and heavy smoke exacerbated the situation. The firefighters went to work with heavy respiratory protection and found gas bottles in the burning garden house, some of which had already melted.

“We immediately started cooling the cylinders and placed the pressure aerator to keep the gas concentration low,” says a firefighter. The fire was quickly extinguished and the quick and deliberate action of the fire brigade prevented the gas cylinders from exploding. 21 comrades and five vehicles were deployed.

Source: Krone

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

Boat gave up the ghost – Hungarian Prime Minister Orban was rescued from distress at sea

Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban usually spends his summer...

Lazy Austrians? – NEOS National Councilor Loacker provokes with postings

The NEOS member of the National Council Gerald Loacker...