the polish Iga Swiatek stands firm at the top of the WTA ranking published this Monday before the Estonian Anett Kontaveit and Paula Badosa, who defeated the Greek Maria Sakkari after reaching the semifinals of the tournament in San José.
Swiatek, 21, has nearly double the points of his nearest rival (8,396 to 4,476).
The Russian Daria Kasatkina, who won the title in San Jose on Sunday, moved up three places to a career-best ranking and is now in ninth place, just behind Garbiñe Muguruza, who remains in eighth place.
Regarding the other Spaniards in the Top 100, Sara Sorribes dropped from position 39 to 41 while Nuria Párrizas rose from 59 to 57.
1. Iga Swiatek (POL) 8396 pts
2. Anett Kontaveit (EST) 4476
3. Paula Badosa (ESP) 4190 (+1)
4. Maria Sakkari (GRE) 4190 (-1)
5. Ons Jabeur (TUN) 4010
6. Aryna Sabalenka (BLR) 3366
7. Jessica Pegula (USA) 3116
8. Garbine Muguruza (ESP) 2886
9. Daria Kasatkina (RUS) 2800 (+3)
10. Emma Raducanu (GBR) 2772
41. Sara Sorribes (ESP) 1266 (-2)
57. Nuria Parrizas (ESP) 1032 (+2)
Source: La Verdad
I am Ida Scott, a journalist and content author with a passion for uncovering the truth. I have been writing professionally for Today Times Live since 2020 and specialize in political news. My career began when I was just 17; I had already developed a knack for research and an eye for detail which made me stand out from my peers.