Valve opened – Two men in hotel burned by liquid chlorine


In the spa room of a hotel in Jochberg, Tyrol, two men (34 and 38 years old) were cleaning pipes with liquid chlorine on Monday afternoon. However, an incident occurred that caused the dangerous concentrate to escape.

The 34-year-old Austrian accidentally opened a pipe tap while removing a hose around 2:30 p.m. This caused liquid chlorine to escape and get into the eyes of the two workers. The Austrian and his colleague from Romania (38) suffered chemical burns and had to be flown to hospital.

The fire brigades of Jochberg and Kitzbühel took action. They had to ventilate the wellness area. Dozens of helpers were present.

Source: Krone


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:



More like this

Possible candidacy – Macron supports Draghi as head of the European Commission

French President Emmanuel Macron has backed the candidacy of...

Trial in Feldkirch – teacher pulled the emergency brake and turned himself in

A teacher from Vorarlberg secretly photographed an underage student...