Shock for couples – fire inferno on the highway on the way home from Lake Garda


Shocking moment for a German holiday couple on Sunday evening in Tyrol: On their way home from Lake Garda, their VW bus suddenly caught fire on the A12 (Inntalautobahn) near Kematen (Innsbruck-Land district). Attempts to extinguish the fire themselves failed.

After a wonderful holiday on Lake Garda, the 49-year-old German and his girlfriend (43) are allowed to go home on Sunday. But the journey home ended in Tyrol for the time being – shock moment included.

Drivers met flames
The couple was driving on the Inntalautobahn around 7 p.m. when the driver at Kematen suddenly saw smoke coming from the engine compartment. “He immediately stopped the vehicle in the hard shoulder. When he opened the hood, the flames hit him,” police said.

VW bus completely burned out
The 49-year-old tried to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher. However, not successful. “The alarmed fire brigade, who arrived with 20 emergency services and two vehicles, was finally able to control and extinguish the flames. However, the vehicle burned out completely. The two Germans were unharmed,” the investigators continued.

The first lane had to be closed during the extinguishing and clean-up. This created traffic jams in this area.

Source: Krone


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:



More like this

“Optics not optimal” – real estate deal: SP district boss is not considering resigning

On Friday, the district leader of Vienna-Donaustadt, Ernst Nevrivy,...

Headquarters burns down – Kiev proud of “successful attack” on Crimea

The Crimean peninsula, which was illegally annexed by Russia,...

Shock for those involved: the driver crashed into a fashion store with her car

A driver drove her car through the glass facade...